The Hockey Volunteer

Thank you for your support of "The Hockey Volunteer"TM. This initiative has now become THE HOCKEY FOUNDATION. Please visit hockeyfoundation.org and support "sharing happiness & changing lives, one puck at a time."

This blog can also been found on that site.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Another question for you...

While I have not entirely finished writing about my experiences this Winter with Indian/Ladakhi hockey (There's 1 under construction, with the potential for more posts), there are a few things that come to mind that I would like your feedback on, as my loyal readers:

  1. Would you like to read about the experiences I have had in India, independent of hockey? You may or may not be aware, but I have done a lot of travel around India, as I've been doing my writing. Most of my major posts under the "India Ice Hockey" category have been produced between Abu Dhabi, Mumbai (Bombay) & now Kolkata (Calcutta). The writing style would be similar to this blog (as if I knew how to be disimilar to myself), but would not be based on timeline travel, but rather categorically (e.g. Near-death experiences, adventures, pollution, beggars, etc.). There are no shortage of travel writings, or writings about India, but I'd like to believe I can share my months of travel and experience in a new and unique way. So to repeat the question, and expand upon it: Would you like to read about the experiences I have had in India, independent of hockey, and if so, would you prefer that it be posted on this blog, or my other one (thesurelip.com)?
  2. As stated early on in this initiative, the mission of "The Hockey Volunteer" is to travel around the world to help developing hockey countries, and change lives, one puck at a time. With that in mind, I would like your suggestions/recommendations/ideas on where to go next. I am in discussion with a handful of organizations around the world, but for now, I will keep that to myself, and see what you come up with! So, to repeat: Where should "The Hockey Volunteer" travel to next, sharing happiness and changing lives, one puck at a time?
Please respond to these questions in the comments section of this blog post, so that it could allow potential discussion.

I hope to hear from you!

2 comments:

Karishma said...

I would love to hear more on your travels through India. It's got to be fascinating!

I think I should probably be on your other blog though.

dsherlip said...

I agree wth Karishma.

Multimedia

Listen to my broadcast from  Saturday, 1/10 with the guys from Hockey Night on Long Island: 
Listen to Hockey Night on Long Island on internet talk radio

Special thanks to the Allan and Rolly at Nasty Hockey Show for being strong advocates for this program, and putting together this broadcast. Please check it out!
Awesome quote from their website: "I’ll match your contributions up to a total of $200. Just leave a comment on this blog with what you have donated."
Thank you guys!
Special thanks to Sarah Elizabeth Foster of www.sarahelizabethfoster.com for doing this interview, supporting the cause, and donating! (NOTE: I mention in the video I'll be leaving by the New Year. My departure date is now set at 1/12/09!)