The Hockey Volunteer

Thank you for your support of "The Hockey Volunteer"TM. This initiative has now become THE HOCKEY FOUNDATION. Please visit hockeyfoundation.org and support "sharing happiness & changing lives, one puck at a time."

This blog can also been found on that site.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Day of Departure...Airport Edition

What a day! After missing a handful of trains into NYC on my way to Newark, here I am in the terminal, getting ready to board my plane on the way to Delhi, by way of Frankfurt, Germany.

I need to take this moment to step back a bit and recognize how amazing it has been getting to know so many new folks. You're passion and energy has been inspiring, and I can only aspire to mimic your generosity!

There are people all around North America (and beyond) that come to mind, and I hope to give you your due time in the spotlight. For the time being, I hope to share this with you and help you see and feel what your support means to these students in one of the most remote places in the world!

Special thanks to my family, in particular my mother and father, whom both supported and contributed in so many aspects, and in ways that will never be forgotten.

Ok...I think after I get some sleep on my first flight, I will give an attempt at utilizing my new video camera, and putting a face to all of this.

Have a good evening!

Adam

No comments:

Multimedia

Listen to my broadcast from  Saturday, 1/10 with the guys from Hockey Night on Long Island: 
Listen to Hockey Night on Long Island on internet talk radio

Special thanks to the Allan and Rolly at Nasty Hockey Show for being strong advocates for this program, and putting together this broadcast. Please check it out!
Awesome quote from their website: "I’ll match your contributions up to a total of $200. Just leave a comment on this blog with what you have donated."
Thank you guys!
Special thanks to Sarah Elizabeth Foster of www.sarahelizabethfoster.com for doing this interview, supporting the cause, and donating! (NOTE: I mention in the video I'll be leaving by the New Year. My departure date is now set at 1/12/09!)