1. I have my Passport/Visa ($100), flights ($1050), travel insurance ($150), and vaccinations/prescriptions ($350) COMPLETED! I leave this Monday, January 12, for 6 weeks!
2. Your support and donations is/are still desperately needed (explain in detail)
3. I need to thank a few organizations for their incredible support (this is just a preliminary thank you, with more to come):
Big thank you to The North Face in SoHo, and manager Dave, for providing me with the coolest winter hat and 2 pairs of gloves! Pictures will be posted of these items in the coming days. Please visit this great store in the heart of SoHo if you're looking for winter gear!
- Play it Again Sports (Long Island), 223 Glen Cove Road, Carle Place, NY 11514 (516) 873-8874 www.playitagainsportscarleplace.com
Another big thank you to Play it Again Sports, and owner David (another Dave!), for providing me with 6 hockey sticks, some pucks, some tape, and a Sweet Stick skate sharpener! These items are going to be an incredible help for the kids! If you're on or around Long Island, please check out Play it Again Sports in Carle Place, near the Northern State and Meadowbrook Parkways and Old Country Road, or head to their new location in East Northport, NY in Suffolk County!
4. Why the request for more donations? I am looking to purchase 2 hockey nets to bring to the players in Ladakh, since they don't have one, and the nets not only cost $150 each, but it will cost me an additional $500 to bring them with me on the plane! That's $800! Your support can help me share this vital component to ice hockey, a hockey net.
Additionally, the preparation costs for this trip have been greater than expected, as the doctor visits alone have been more expensive than expected, not to mention the winter gear and travel gear that is necessary to survive.
Please donate using the ChipIn button on the right, or check out my ebay auctions that have been relisted. These are items signed by NHL and Olympic hockey stars, and all proceeds support this project. You can always give the item to someone as an awesome birthday, holiday or anniversary gift (well, maybe).
More updates to come in the next few days!